Updated to ubports build 246
- modem active on initial boot
- Voice calling works!
- new faster wallpaper?
I am now carrying as full time phone; but do not use my phone much; I get only a few texts per day, and do not use the phone as part of my job at all.
- Do have to reboot it at least a couple of times per day.
- UI is very sluggish to start new apps, switch apps; watching the spinning circle a lot. Once inside an app is reasonable.
- One major annoyance is how if I click the power button to turn the screen off, it very often (at least once per day) goes into the “ubuntu startup screen logo” with the dots flashing below. I can still ssh into the phone, so it has not totally crashed, but the UI is no longer usable. This is annoying if it happens when I am outside away from my laptop, so simply have to reboot to get the UI back.
- Still does not always clean the text messages out of the modem; so have to manually do that after ~23 messages (for me 23 txt in a day is a lot). use minicom for that
- battery use still very bad perhaps 4 hours? I have a charger at my desk, so recharge it when in the office during the day, otherwise would die. does last my commute.
- not using cell data yet; only wifi and txt
- not using bluetooth
more camera notes
here we have a set of pictures, without moving the phone, just changing the resolution:
looking at the spec sheet, the sensor is more square, so closest to the first two, and for the second two, “crops” the image from the sensor.
here is a set with different image settings, with different colours and resolutions; this setting did not support the two smaller ones
can use the phone outside on the streetcar and walks. Notice that all my pictures are very grey/blue. I think this is due to weather and environment, not due to the sensor filtering that way…